Saturday, July 19, 2008

London, We Have Landed!

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for checking our blog for our Europe trip this summer. Since I know our friends and family are so interested (admit it...I know you all are) and because it is cheaper then calling home, we decided to set this up for everyone back in the states to see how we are doing along the way. I want to send a big thank you to my friend Brodie Brazil for not only letting me steal this idea from his trip last summer, but for setting this site up for me. He even posted our itinerary for us to the left (but hey, I did agonize over the photo selection! That's the important part right?) You can leave us comments on any post. If any one has any suggestions or advice for activities for us here, please post them!

Annie and I safely landed in London this morning at 7:00am London time (11pm Pacific). Our send off actually started VERY early Friday morning (12:01am to be exact) in Pleasanton when we went to see "The Dark Knight." All of our friends know we have been waiting to see this movie, and it did not disappoint! Because of that however I think we got about 3 hours of sleep last night, and about 2 on the plane. We had a direct flight to Heathrow and used the Tube to get to our hotel. Even though I printed out directions, we did get a little lost finding our hotel from the tube station, but hey, we are now very familiar with this area! We ended up napping for 2 or 3 hours (does that count as a "nap?"), then taking the tube to the restaurant, "Sticky Fingers." My mom and I went here many times when I was here last and liked it a lot, so it was fun to go back to the Kensington area and look around. We were mainly walking just to stay awake! We are back in our hotel now so we can rest up for what hopefully will be an action packed trip!! I don't have any pics just yet, so I will leave you with this lovely photo taken on my cell last night at the movie of my little brother wearing the Joker Tshirt I bought for him just for the occasion:


 I will update again as soon as I can, so check in when have a minute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never used a blog before, so I hope my comments are appropriate. I feel like I should be in Berkeley smoking pot before I use this blog, but let's take a chance. Have a wonderful trip, Amy! You deserve it! Please keep us posted, and let us know if you see Princess Diana!!! That would be a surprise!!